OSSSC Excise Constable Recruitment examination is conducted by the Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission. The OSSSC will conduct a combined recruitment examination to recruit various group C posts, including the Excise Constable. This written examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates for Odisha Excise Constable posts will be selected on the basis of performance in the written examination.
OSSSC is all set to release the Odisha Excise Constable Notification in September 2023. It is expected that there will be 800+ vacancies will come. So it is advised to all the aspirants to prepare well for the upcoming OSSSC Recruitment Examination 2023.
Candidates willing to apply for the OSSSC Excise Constable vacancies can check all the details from this post.
Odisha Excise Constable Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||Odisha Excise Constable Recruitment|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: (+) 1 Mark, 0.5 Negative Marking|
|Post Name/Purpose of the exam||For recruitment of candidates as Excise Constable|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0674-2597106|
OSSSC Excise Constable Recruitment 2023 Details
The Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSSC) releases the Excise Constable Recruitment notification in September in the respective year of the examination. The official notification of the OSSSC Excise Constable Recruitment 2023 is expected to be released soon on the official website.
Meanwhile, check all the details of Odisha Excise Constable Recruitment eligibility, the Application Process, Exam Pattern & Syllabus Details from this post.
Important Dates for Excise Constable Recruitment
Based on the previous year’s data regarding the exam dates for Odisha Excise Constable, candidates can have an idea of the examination schedule. Below is the table mentioning tentative exam dates for OSSSC Excise Constable Recruitment 2023:
|Events||Exam Date (Tentative)|
|Notification||Last week of September 2022|
|Online Application Process||Oct 2022|
|Admit Card||first week of Jan 2023|
|Exam Date||Jan 2023|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Excise Constable Vacancy Details
The official notification has not been released yet. Therefore, the OdishaExcise Constable Recruitment exact vacancy 2023 has not been declared yet. However, candidates can estimate the Excise Constable Recruitment 2023 vacancy by checking out the previous year’s vacancy announcement:
|Post Name||No of Vacancy|
Excise Constable Salary Structure
Initially, the appointment of Excise Constable posts shall be made on a contractual basis on consolidated monthly remuneration. The candidates would be considered for regularization as per the ‘Odisha Group-C and Group-D Posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013.
The pay scale for the OSSSC Excise Constable Job is Rs19900 Pay as per the pay matrix level 4. The Initial consolidated monthly remuneration will be Rs8880/-
Eligibility Criteria for Excise Constable Vacancy
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Odisha Excise Constable Vacancy 2023.
The candidates should have a minimum age of 18 as of January 2023 and should not be above the age of 38.
Candidates aspiring to become an Excise Constable should possess the following educational qualifications:
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of Matriculation or any equivalent examination.
The candidates for the Odisha Excise Constable recruitment will be selected on the basis of performance in the following
- Written Test
- Documents Verification
OSSSC Excise Constable Exam Pattern 2023
The OSSSC will conduct a combined written test for the Posts of Statistical Field Surveyor, ARI, Amin, Forest Guard, and Excise Constable. As per the latest OSSSC Combined Recruitment Examination notification, The Exam Pattern is as follows
- The exam will be conducted offline mode. The question paper consists of a total of 180 questions and each question carries 1 mark.
- The questions will be MCQ type and each question carries 4 options out of which 1 option will be correct.
- For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. There will be a negative marking.
- For Each wrong answer, 0.5 Marks will be deducted.
- The duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- The subject-wise question and mark distribution is as follows
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
OSSSC Excise Constable Recruitment Exam Syllabus
According to the OSSSC Combined Recruitment notification, the syllabus for the Excise Constable Recruitment examination 2023 is as follows
Arithmetic: 40 Marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mass, Mean, Median, and Probability
General Knowledge:40 Marks
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities, and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries, and institutions with headquarters,
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
English: 40 Marks
- Reading Comprehension Grammar.
- Articles Grammar.
- Prepositions Grammar.
- Spelling Grammar.
- Verbs Vocabulary.
- Antonyms Vocabulary.
- Idioms and Phrases Vocabulary.
Odia: 20 Marks
- Essay writing on familiar topics (within 250 words)
- Letter Writing (Personal letter, Applications, Business, or Official) (within 150 words)
- Translation (One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia):
- Comprehension of an unseen prose passage (5 x 2) = 10 marks
Five short questions to be asked
Basic Computer Knowledge: 40 Marks
- Word Processing
- Spread Sheet Applications
How do I apply for OSSSC Excise Constable recruitment 2023?
- Visit the official website of OSSSC which is osssc.gov.in
- Then click on Apply Online button
- There you will find the online application form for Excise Constable, along with the latest 2023 vacancy notifications.
- If you are a new user then click on New User and fill up the application form. If you are a registered user then click on login and fill up the application form
- Fill up your basic details (Education, contact details).
- Upload documents Photos, and Signatures, and verify the application.
- Then submit the application and print out the confirmation page.
Odisha Excise Constable Admit Card
Once candidates have filled out the application form, the next step is to download the admit card which is released 15 days before the examination.
The admit card will carry important details like exam date, venue, time of the examination, etc.
Odisha Excise Constable Exam Date
OSSSC will release the Odisha Excise Constable exam date shortly.
Odisha Excise Constable Written Exam Answer key consists of all the answers to the questions asked in the examination. It will be released approximately after a month of the examination.
Candidates can visit the official portal of OSSSC and get the answer key PDF to check their answers. Answer key helps candidates to calculate an estimate of their performance in the exam.
Objections can be raised against one or more answers in the answer key, if not satisfied, by providing authentic proof for the same.
Odisha Excise ConstableResult
OSSSC Excise Constable Exam results will publish soon after the release of the answer key. It will be released on the official website of the OSSSC.
|Application Link||Available Soon|
|Official Notification||Download Now|
|Check Other OSSSC Jobs||Check Now|
|Excise Constable Syllabus PDF||Download Now|
|Official Website||Visit Now|