OSSC has released the OSSC Junior Librarian Syllabus and Exam Pattern on the official website of OSSC. Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus and exam pattern before appearing for the written exam.
The OSSC Junior Librarian written exam is scheduled for 29th January 2022 at different centers in Khurdha, Bhubaneswar, and Cuttack.
Candidates must prepare well for the examination in order to crack the written exam and get selected in the recruitment process. Here we are providing the latest OSSC exam pattern and syllabus for your reference.
Odisha Junior Librarian Recruitment Overview
|Name of Exam||Junior Librarian 2019|
|Name of Post||Junior Librarian|
|No. of Vacancy||25|
|Age Limit||21 to 32 years|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Library Science|
OSSC Junior Librarian Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates for the posts of OSSC Librarian will be shortlisted on the basis of the following stages
- Main Written Exam
- Computer Skill Test
- Certificate Verification
OSSC Junior Librarian Main Written Exam :
The first stage of the OSSC Junior Librarian Recruitment is the Written examination. All the candidates first need to appear in this computer-based recruitment examination. The detailed exam pattern of Odisha Govt College Junior librarian exam pattern is as follows
- The exam will be objective Type with multiple type choice questions.
- There will be a totatl of 100 questions.
- Each Question carries 1 mark. So the maximum mark for this examination will be 100.
- The Duration of OSSC Junior Librarian written examination is of 90 minutes.
- No Details about the Negative marking is provided by the official department of Odisha SSC.
The detailed subjectwise distribution of marks are as follows
|S.No.||Subjects||Total Question||Maximum Marks|
|4.||Library & Information Science||50||50|
OSSC Junior Librarian Syllabus 2022
The subjectwise syllabus of the OSSC Junior Librarian Exam is given below. Check the syllabus thoroughly and prepare well to excel in the Junior Librarian Written examination 2022.
OSSC Odia Language Syllabus
- Usage and Vocabulary.
- Comprehension of a given passage.
- Translation from English to Odia.
- Letter / Application / Report writing.
- Short essay writing.
OSSC English Language Syllabus
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- One word substitutions
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Fill in the blanks
- Comprehension passage
- Spot the error
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Sentence structure
OSSC General Studies Syllabus
- Literature and Art & Culture of Odisha.
- Human rights issues.
- General Science.
- General Awareness.
- Indian History.
- Major events in World History.
- Environmental Issues.
- Current Events.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Application.
OSSC Library & Information Science Syllabus
- Classification (DDC) and Cataloguing (AACR 2).
- Library Automation.
- Information Needs & Information Access.
- Bibliographic Description Theory & Practice.
- Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge Organization.
- Management of E-Resource & E-Publishing.
- Digital Library & Information Systems.
- Preservation and Conservation of Library Documents.
- Management of Libraries & Information Centres.
- Research Methodology and Design.
- Information Sources and Services.
- Basic of Computer & Information Technology.
- Information Storage & Retrieval.
Computer Skill Test Syllabus
|To test some of the following basic system operations on file/ folder(s) Create, Rename, Copy/ Cut/ Paste , Delete|
|MS Word||A paragraph in MS word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.Editing and Formatting text and paragraph page and Paragraph set up inserting pictures and Word Art|
|A PowerPoint presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.|
Editing and formatting slides.
|A problem in the spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below is to be tested during the examination. Formatting cells and data Functions and formulae (relative, absolute, and mixed reference).|
|MS Access||A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination creating and entering data into a database setting the primary key.|